Old US24 Bad Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Jim Allen in December 2008
BH Photo #272309
This is one of 8 stone arch bridges carrying OH 424 or old US 24 over creeks flowing into the Maumee River. Most are no more visible from the roadway than a culvert, and require getting out of car to see.
Following the Maumee River downstream (east) they are: Benien Creek (OH 424), County ditch 970 (OH 424), Garrett Creek (OH 424), Oberhaus Creek (OH 424), N. Turkeyfoot Creek (old US 24), Dry Creek (old US 24), Bad Creek, 2 spans (old US 24), & Belly Creek (old US 24),
- Two-span stone arch bridge over Bad Creek on US 24
- Henry County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 24.9 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 124.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.42333, -83.94694 (decimal degrees)
41°25'24" N, 83°56'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/253736/4589944 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 3501620 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27677 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 99.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 13, 2015: New photo from Jim Allen
- January 3, 2014: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description
- January 2, 2014: New photos from Jim Allen