Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in June 2010
BH Photo #168058
Although considered plain and an unworthy replacement for the historic Central Bridge, this span is somewhat unusual. A continuous Warren through truss with riveted connections was chosen for this simple and sleek structure. One thing that does bother me greatly, is that the plaques and some of the decorative portal bracing were incorporated into the new bridge. This gives people the wrong idea that the bridge is much older than it really is.
- Warren through truss bridge over Ohio River on US 27
- Newport, Hamilton County, Ohio, and Campbell County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1995 to replace the old Central Bridge
- Riveted continuous Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 850.0 ft.
Total length: 2,298.0 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 60.0 ft.
- Also called
- Central Bridge (New)
US 27 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.09587, -84.50125 (decimal degrees)
39°05'45" N, 84°30'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/716093/4330387 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numers
- ODOT 3101975 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 45523 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 14, 2016: Updated by James Baughn: Merged duplicate pages
- October 31, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- November 15, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added bridge type as warren
- June 21, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon
- March 13, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added Google Street View.
- Bill Eichelberger
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com