Hopple Street Viaduct
Photo taken by Municipal Journal & Public Works
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #413438
This was one of the first examples of the rare cantilevered concrete arch type of bridge ever constructed.
- Lost Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Sprg Grv&Mill Ck(Hopple) on Hopple Street
- Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio
- Replaced by new bridge
- Replaced 1916
- - H. M. Waite (Chief Engineer and City Engineer)
- Kirchner Construction Co. (Contractor)
- Concrete cantilever closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 1,930.0 ft.
Deck width: 46.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.13742, -84.54413 (decimal degrees)
39°08'15" N, 84°32'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/712259/4334898 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cincinnati West
- Inventory number
- BH 79642 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 7, 2017: Added by Nathan Holth