Salt Fork S Bridge
Photo taken by Jim Grey in May 2011
BH Photo #200032
The bridge is an "S Bridge".
- Stone arch S bridge on the original alignment of the National Road (US 40)
- Old Washington, Guernsey County, Ohio
- Per NPS, bridge is deteriorating and unstable.
- Built 1828
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 55.0 ft.
Deck width: 26.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.04529, -81.37402 (decimal degrees)
40°02'43" N, 81°22'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/468095/4432851 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 66000610 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
ODOT 3030970 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 47209 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 13, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- August 22, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Merged NBI.
- June 17, 2011: Updated by Jim Grey: Updated name, noted that it is on the National Register
- June 4, 2011: Updated by Jim Grey: Corrected GPS coordinates and nearest city
- June 1, 2011: Updated by David Backlin: Added stream name
- June 1, 2011: New photos from Jim Grey
- December 2, 2010: Added by James McCray