Broad Street Bridge (1884)
The superstructure of this bridge used pin-connected Pratt trusses that were 22' deep, 8' above roadway level and 14' below. Lengths are approximate.
- Lost Pratt pony truss bridge over Scioto River on Broad Street
- Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built 1884; West span washed out during during flood of 1913
- - Interurban
- Two-span, pin-connected Pratt pony/deck truss on stone piers
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 316.0 ft.
Deck width: 50.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.96181, -83.00528 (decimal degrees)
39°57'43" N, 83°00'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/328728/4425444 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Southwest Columbus
- Inventory number
- BH 60246 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 31, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added category "Multiple span pony truss"
- July 2, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added dimensions, structural details, and category "Interurban"
- July 1, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added truss type
- March 14, 2014: Added by Dave King