Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge
The significance is in terms of aesthetics. The bridge is an attractive concrete, multi-arched bridge.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Five-span open-spandrel arch bridge over the Cuyahoga River on OH 82
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and Summit County, Ohio
- Open to two-lane traffic
- Built 1930-31 under the supervision of A.M. Felgate and W.S. Hindman; rehabilitated 1989
- - Alfred M. Pelgate
- Highway Construction Co.
- Open-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 181.1 ft.
Total length: 1,130.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.32130, -81.58699 (decimal degrees)
41°19'17" N, 81°35'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/450873/4574591 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 7706871 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27428 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 96.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- October 24, 2016: New photos from Janis Ford
- November 12, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- May 1, 2012: Additional HAER photos posted by James Baughn
- May 1, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Merged NBI Data
- November 15, 2011: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Mapped.
- August 20, 2005: Posted photos from Jonathan Maxwell and from the Historic American Engineering Record
- Jonathan Maxwell - themaxwellshouse [at] roadrunner [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger
- Nathan Holth
- HAER OH-66 - Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge, Spanning Cuyahoga River Between Brecksville & Northfield, Brecksville, Cuyahoga County, OH
- Douglas Butler
- Janis Ford