Columbus Road Bridge
Columbus Road Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in July 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)
BH Photo #267723
This bridge is completed while the old lift span was removed and the new lift span was installed and painted.
- Vertical lift bridge on Columbus Road (CR 356) in Cleveland
- Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Much of this bridge's superstructure is to be demolished and replaced starting late May 2013. These extent of these alterations will render the bridge non-historic even if some original parts remain.
- Built 1940 by the Public Works Administration
- - Public Works Administration
- Vertical lift Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 242.1 ft.
Total length: 358.9 ft.
Deck width: 42.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.48836, -81.70048 (decimal degrees)
41°29'18" N, 81°42'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/441525/4593208 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cleveland South
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 1833758 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27439 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 73.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- September 4, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- July 29, 2017: New photos from Douglas Butler
- November 15, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- January 5, 2016: New video from Douglas Butler
- December 29, 2015: New photos from Douglas Butler
- December 19, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- December 5, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- August 17, 2015: New photo from Luke
- May 4, 2015: Updated by Douglas Butler: New lift span installed and painted green in 2015
- February 10, 2015: HAER photos posted by James Baughn
- November 5, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- October 5, 2013: Updated by C Hanchey: Added categories "HAER documented", "Ohio Department of Transportation Historic Bridge List "
- August 15, 2013: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- March 30, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Most of this bridge to be demolished and replaced.
- September 22, 2012: Updated by C Hanchey: updated location
- October 14, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Added Cuyahoga River
- January 3, 2010: New photos from Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- D. Thomsen - dcthomsen [at] comcast [dot] net
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Douglas Butler
- HAER OH-55 - Columbus Road Lift Bridge, Spanning Cuyahoga River at Columbus Road, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
- Flickr - Imagery