Woodside Road Bridge
Photo taken by Janis Ford May 2008
BH Photo #131870
The distinctive combination plaque/finial that once were located at the four corners of the truss have been lost/broken or stolen, but old inventory photos show one intact. These details, along with the looped detail at the ends of the railings indicate this is a product of the Canton Bridge Company.
- Abandoned Pony truss bridge over Sycamore Creek on Woodside Road (TR 103)
- Crawford County, Ohio
- Abandoned/Closed to all traffic
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 4-panel, half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 52.2 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.93560, -83.07440 (decimal degrees)
40°56'08" N, 83°04'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/325364/4533679 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 929 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 1743910 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27422 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 24.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 25, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added builder, inventory photos, photos of plaque before it was lost.
- April 2, 2010: Updated by Joshua Collins: changed TR 193 to TR 103 per google maps
- May 18, 2009: New photos from Brian McKee
- May 25, 2008: Updated by Max Johnson
- May 19, 2008: Updated by David B. Haun: Corrected overview, Status. Staus description
- David B. Haun
- Janis Ford
- Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Nathan Holth