Branstool Bridge (1886)
The Tribune: March 26 1915
BH Photo #491797
After one span of this bridge was lost in the great 1913 flood, the other two spans were moved to replace the McVey Bridge upstream that was also destroyed.
Built by the Lane Bros. of Newark, no other entries for this builder currently exist.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Walhonding River on US 36
- Coshocton County, Ohio
- No longer exists
- Built 1886; one span destroyed in the 1913 flood and other two spans moved to the McVey Bridge site.
- - Lane Bros. of Newark
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 135.0 ft.
Total length: 408.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.34139, -82.06452 (decimal degrees)
40°20'29" N, 82°03'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/409586/4466193 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 92291 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 2, 2021: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 2, 2021: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com