Polk Road-Wilson Creek Bridge (Replacement)
Polk Road - Wilson Creek Bridge (Replacement)
Wilmington News-Journal: May 5 1955
BH Photo #448690
The pony truss is gone, likely the abutments were reused from that bridge which is why there are conflicting dates in the NBI data.
- Lost pony truss bridge over Wilson Creek on Polk Road
- Clinton County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- - Champion Bridge Co. of Wilmington, Ohio
- Polygonal Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 57.1 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.49376, -83.64578 (decimal degrees)
39°29'38" N, 83°38'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/272482/4374914 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 1435728 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 81684 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 82.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 27, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and other stuff
- May 27, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- May 24, 2018: Added by Dana and Kay Klein