2nd River Bridge
2nd River Bridge c 1911
BH Photo #348407
Cast elements suggest late CBW or early Columbia Bridge Co. End post style unclear in image, H pattern suggests CBW and an 1882 or prior date. A top plate may suggest Columbia Bridge Co. thus, bridge likely would have been built between 1882 and 1885. Lost during the great 1913 flood.
- Lost Whipple through truss at Middletown
- Middletown, Butler County, Ohio
- Columbia Bridge Works Whipple span built 1879, other span of unknown origin possibly added later.
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio (also known as)
- D.H. & C.C. Morrison of Dayton, Ohio [also known as Columbia Bridge Works]
- One 13-panel, pin-connected Whipple through truss
One 8-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.51989, -84.41275 (decimal degrees)
39°31'12" N, 84°24'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/722400/4377668 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 70779 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 18, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added build date
- December 6, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added categories "13-panel truss", "Pin-connected", "8-panel truss"
- November 5, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Confirmed that bridge was lost in 1913
- March 16, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- February 5, 2016: Updated by Art Suckewer: Added my assumpotions to description