Governor Bebb Park Covered Bridge 35-09-02
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
BH Photo #126203
Original location corrected
Written by Bill Bowser
This bridge is one of two spans which spanned Great Miami River at Middletown, Ohio. They were built in 1868. In about 1886 this bridge was relocated to Fairfield Rd. at Indian Ck.
- Through truss bridge
- Butler County, Ohio
- Originally located across Indian Creek on Fairfield Road west of Oxford. Moved in 1966 to Governor Bebb Park in Morgan Township.
- - Banden, Butin & Bowman
- Thought to be a Wernwag truss, but there seems to be some question. This bridge was made from half of 35-09-24 that was moved to this location around 1886.
Span length: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
- Also called
- Fairfield Road Covered Bridge
State Line Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.37175, -84.80429 (decimal degrees)
39°22'18" N, 84°48'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/689140/4360330 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
BH 37642 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 1, 2018: Essay added by Bill Bowser
- January 30, 2016: New photos from Mike Mullins
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added GPS coordinates
- October 16, 2008: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
- October 15, 2008: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Janis Ford
- Mike Mullins
- Bill Bowser - webowser [at] me [dot] com