Belmont County

Aetnaville Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Through truss bridge over Ohio River Back Channel on Georgia Street in Wheeling
Open to pedestrians
Built 1891; closed to traffic December 1988
Anderson Run Bridge   [Map]
Concrete arch bridge over Anderson Run on OH 149
Unknown status
Built 1928
B&O Railroad Tunnel   [Map]
Tunnel under Walkway (Formerly B&O Railroad) on Sr 147
Open to traffic
Built 1870
B&O Railroad Tunnel   [Map]
Abandoned tunnel under Old B&O Railroad on Sr 149
Derelict/abandoned
Built 1904
Barkcamp Creek Bridge   [Map]
Stone arch bridge over Barkcamp Creek on TR 814 (Old National Road)
Open to traffic
Built ca. 1825
Bellaire Toll Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Cantilevered through truss bridge over Ohio River at Bellaire
Closed to all traffic
Operated as a privately owned toll bridge unitl 1991 when Ohio DOT cut off the west approach to build a new OH 7. Now owned by KDC investments which is in litigation with three companys who claim they paid for the exclusive scrap rights.
Blaine Hill "S" Bridge   [Map]
Three-span stone arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on the National Road at Blaine Hill
Open to pedestrians only
Built 1828; rehabilitated 1999
Blaine Viaduct   [Map]
Open-spandrel arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on US 40 at Blaine Hill
Open to traffic
Built 1932; rehabilitated 1982
Boydsville Pony Truss   [Map]
Pony truss bridge over Wheeling Creek on Plumm Street, Ch 24
Open to traffic
Built 1998
Branch Little McMahon Creek Bridge   [Map]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Branch Little McMahon Creek on CR 4
Open to traffic
Built 1930 by the Luten Bridge Company
Branch Wheeling Creek CR 10 Bridge   [Map]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over a branch of Wheeling Creek on CR 10
Open to traffic
Built 1930 by the Luten Bridge Co.
Bridgeport Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Lost three-span through truss bridge over Ohio River Back Channel on US 40 between Bridgeport and Wheeling Island
Demolished.
Built 1893 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1987 with load-bearing Bailey truss installed over the deck
Bridgeport Covered Bridge 48-35-01x / 35-07-04x   [Map]
Lost Covered through truss bridge over Back Channel of Ohio River on US 40
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1839; Replaced by steel bridge 1893
Cox Run TR 432 Bridge   [Map]
Lost pony truss bridge over Stillwater Creek on TR 343
Replaced by new bridge
Replaced 2005
CR-3 Bridge   [Map]
Concrete curved chord through girder bridge over Moss Run on CR-3
Open to traffic
Built 1938
Little McMahon Creek Bridge   [Map]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Little Mcmahon Creek on CR 4
Open to traffic
Built 1930 by the Luten Bridge Company
Lloydsville Stone Arch Bridge   [Map]
Stone arch bridge over Tributary of Wheeling Creek on CR 40B (Lloydsville Street/Old National Road)
Open to traffic
Built ca. 1825
McMahon Creek TR 253 Bridge   [Map]
Pony truss bridge over McMahon Creek on TR 253
Open to traffic
Built 1900
Moundsville Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel through arch bridge over Ohio River on WV 2 Spur/OH 872
Open to traffic
Built 1986
National Road Bikeway - Tunnel   [Map]
Tunnel under National Road Bikeway (formerly Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad) on US 40
Open to traffic
Built 1902, Rehabbed 1949 and 2009
NS McMahon Creek Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Warren deck truss with alternating verticals bridge over McMahon Creek on Norfolk Southern Railway
Open to traffic
Pike Island Lock and Dam   [Map · Street View]
Bridge over Ohio River
Open to traffic
Built between 1959 and 1965 to replace Locks & Dams 10 and 11
Shaeffer/Campbell Covered Bridge 35-07-05   [Map]
Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Pond at Ohio University
Closed to all traffic
Bridge was originally in Fairfield County
Sloans Run TR 454 Bridge   [Map]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Sloans Run on TR 454
Open to traffic
Built 1900
South Fork Captina Creek TR 35 Bridge   [Map]
Pony truss bridge over South Fork Captina Creek on TR 35
Open to traffic
Built 1911
Steep Run TR 1072 Bridge   [Map]
Arch bridge over Steep Run on TR 1072
Open to traffic
Built 1900
Stillwater Creek TR 343 Bridge   [Map]
Pony truss bridge over Stillwater Creek on TR 343
Open to traffic
Trough Run TR 304 Bridge   [Map]
Two-span concrete arch bridge over Trough Run on TR 304
Open to traffic
Built 1930
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel through arch bridge over Ohio River on Interstate 470
Open to traffic
Built 1978
WE - Ohio River Bridge (Bellaire)   [Map · Street View]
Through truss bridge over Ohio River on former Baltimore & Ohio Railroad in Bellaire
Open to traffic
Built 1871; Ohio River truss spans replaced 1905 by the American Bridge Co.
WE Great Stone Viaduct   [Map · Street View]
Stone arch bridge over city streets on the former B&O Railroad at the west approach to the Benwood Railroad Bridge. Listed in Landmarkhunter as "B & O Railroad Viaduct".
East portion open to traffic, west portion abandoned
Built 1867-71
Wegee Creek CR 48 Bridge   [Map]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Wegee Creek on CR 48
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1930 by the Luten Bridge Company
Wheeling Creek Bridge   [Map]
Concrete arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on CH 10
Open to traffic
Built 1929
Wheeling Creek CR 10 Bridge   [Map]
Three-span concrete arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on CR 10
Open to traffic
Built 1930 by the Luten Bridge Company
Wheeling Creek CR 10 Bridge   [Map]
Two-span concrete arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on CR 10
Open to traffic
Built 1929 by the Luten Bridge Co.
Wheeling Creek CR 10 Bridge   [Map]
Two-span concrete arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on CR 10
Open to traffic
Built 1931 by the Luten Bridge Co.
Wheeling Creek CR 10 Bridge   [Map]
Lost two-span concrete arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on CR 10
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1927 by the Luten Bridge Co.
Wheeling Creek CR 4 Bridge   [Map]
Lost concrete arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on CR 4
Replaced by a modern truss bridge
Built 1930 by the Luten Bridge Company
Wheeling Creek TR 385 Bridge   [Map]
Pony truss bridge over Wheeling Creek on TR 385
Open to traffic
Wheeling Creek TR 428 Bridge   [Map]
Two-span arch bridge over Wheeling Creek on TR 428
Open to traffic
Built 1900
Williams Creek CR 5 Bridge   [Map]
Lost concrete arch bridge over Williams Creek on CR 5 (Glencoe Road)
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1928 by the Luten Bridge Co.; replaced 2006
Williams Creek CR 5 Bridge   [Map]
Lost closed-spandrel arch bridge over Williams Creek on CR 5 (Glencoe Road)
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1927 by the Luten Bridge Co.; replaced 2006