South Windsor Covered Bridge 35-04-26x
South Windsor or Old Plank Road Covered Bridge
Photographed in the late 1960s after receiving new siding and roof shingles, the bridge appeared to be ready for its next 100 years of service.
Ladimir Kubichek, Sr./Ashtabula Covered Bridge Festival Committee collection
BH Photo #250981
The South Windsor or Plank Road Covered Bridge carried Old Plank Road across the Grand River in Windsor Township, Ashtabula County Ohio, 1870-0970. WGCB No. 35-04-26.
Built in 1870, the 90-foot Town lattice structure was destroyed by fire on the night of October 2, 1970. The fire was determined to be an act of arson, during which the perpetrator(s) piled tires within the bridge and set them afire.
- Lost Town lattice truss bridge over Grand River on Twp Rd. 526 Old Plank Road
- Windsor Towship, Ashtabula County, Ohio
- Destroyed by fire
- The South Windsor or Plank Road Covered Bridge carried Old Plank Road across the Grand River in Windsor Township, Ashtabula County Ohio, 1870-1970.
- Town lattice through truss
Total length: 90.0 ft.
- Also called
- Plank Road Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.50507, -80.90786 (decimal degrees)
41°30'18" N, 80°54'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/507689/4594830 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 35-04-26x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 55847 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 20, 2013: Added by Patrick Toth