CN - Four Track Swing Bridge
Four track swing bridge
the first 4 track bridge built in Ohio
Photo taken by Douglas Butler in March 2013
BH Photo #288660
Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad Bridge
First 4 track rail bridge still in good shape in operation.
Play video on YouTube
Postcard available on ebay 11-6-12 describes this as the "only four track swing bridge in the world" Conneaut Harbor, OH
Internet imagery appears to show one road lane and three tracks, unsure if swing bridge still operates.
This swing bridge is still in good shape I visited Conneaut yesterday I thought this bridge was gone this swing span is still operable.
- Through truss bridge over Conneaut Creek on Railroad
- Conneaut, Ashtabula County, Ohio
- - Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad (BLE)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- 1 230'Warren through truss
Span length: 230.0 ft.
Total length: 230.0 ft.
- Also called
- NYC - Four Track Swing Bridge
LSMS - Four Track Swing Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.96528, -80.54635 (decimal degrees)
41°57'55" N, 80°32'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/537590/4646020 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 54321 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 6, 2017: New photos from Douglas Butler
- January 2, 2017: New photos from Douglas Butler
- August 10, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 7, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- July 18, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- November 6, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added dimensions
- November 6, 2012: Updated by Don Morrison: Added category "Conneaut Creek"
- Don Morrison
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler