Kirker Covered Bridge 35-01-10
Kirker covered bridge, Adams Co, OH side view
Photo taken June 2012 by Flickr user Wallyum
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #279544
Gray covered bridge on Route 136, it has been preserved in place along side the new crossing bridge.
- Covered Multiple Kingpost Through truss bridge on bypassed OH-136
- West Union, Adams County, Ohio
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1890; Renovated & reinforced 1950; Bypassed 1974
- Covered bridge preserved in place with most of the original timbers.
Total length: 63.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 29, 1975
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.78412, -83.60329 (decimal degrees)
38°47'03" N, 83°36'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/273876/4296039 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- West Union
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 75001309 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 50553 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 7, 2015: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- March 12, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added NRHP info, basic history & imported photos
- December 15, 2011: Added by Daniel Hopkins
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net