Eck Road Bridge
Some of the lower eyebars from this bridge were salvaged and taken to Fritz Engineering Laboratory at Lehigh University for research.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Tonawanda Creek on Eck Road
- Wyoming County, New York
- No longer exists
- Built ca. 1880 and relocated here about 1910; heavily damaged by flooding in 1998 and replaced 2000
- Wrought iron Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 82.7 ft.
Total length: 86.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 7.5 ft.
- Also called
- Tonawanda Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.79344, -78.31855 (decimal degrees)
42°47'36" N, 78°19'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/719297/4741364 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3319570 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 27172 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 18, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and other information.