Champlain Canal Bridge
This bridge is significantly different from the original uniform bridge design proposed for Champlain Canal bridges in 1901, but representative of the steel truss bridges built in 1910-1911 to span the enlarged canal.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Through truss bridge over Champlain Canal on Saunders Street
- Whitehall, Washington County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1910; Replaced 1995
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 174.9 ft.
Total length: 194.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.55500, -73.40167 (decimal degrees)
43°33'18" N, 73°24'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/629099/4823690 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 4418020 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 74446 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 24, 2016: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER NY-184 - Saunders Street Bridge, Saunders Street, spanning Champlain Canal, Whitehall, Washington County, NY