Wallkill Valley Rail Trail - Rosendale Trestle
Photo taken by George Foster in April 2011
BH Photo #215456
Replaced a previous trestle constructed 1870-72. After closure as railroad bridge, briefly used for bungee jumping.
- Deck truss bridge over Rondout Creek and Main Street on Railroad
- Rosendale, Ulster County, New York
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1895; closed to traffic in 1977; Rehabilitated and reopened to pedestrians 2013
- - A. L. Dolby & Co.
- Carnegie Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Iron/Steel Manufacturer)
- King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- - Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Wallkill Valley Railroad (WKVY)
- Pratt deck truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 940.0 ft.
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.84330, -74.08820 (decimal degrees)
41°50'36" N, 74°05'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/575698/4632780 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 7041170 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 49747 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 2, 2018: New photos from Josh Schmid
- April 2, 2018: New photos from Josh Schmid
- March 31, 2018: Updated by Josh Schmid: Added reopening date
- May 30, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- January 15, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- September 12, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builders & rail-to-trail category
- September 29, 2011: Added by Jacob P. Bernard
- Jacob P. Bernard
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Josh Schmid