Five Arches Bridge
1916 Postcard View
BH Photo #371478
NYC Board of Water Supply Contract 49
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over Esopus Creek on 28A
- Ulster County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1911; rehabilitated 1975
- - Harrison & Burton Co. of New York City, New York
- Open-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 67.9 ft.
Total length: 454.7 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Also called
- NY28A Esopus Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.00342, -74.26996 (decimal degrees)
42°00'12" N, 74°16'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/560456/4650414 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 2020380 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26981 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 49.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- April 21, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added builder, common name + noted that the bridge is doomed.
- December 3, 2016: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein