Forest Home Bridge
Photo taken by Doug Kerr
BH Photo #178049
The Forest Home Bridge carries Forest Home Road over Fall Creek in Forest Home, New York. The double-intersection Warren through truss was constructed in 1909 by the Groton Bridge Company of Groton, New York. The bridge was extensively rehabilitated in 2013-14, during which time the truss was rendered obsolete by making it non-load bearing.
- Through truss bridge over Fall Creek on CR 121 (Forest Home Road) in Forest Home
- Tompkins County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1909; rehabilitated 1975 and 2013-14
- - Groton Bridge Co. of Groton, New York
- Double-intersection Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 115.8 ft.
Total length: 118.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.45111, -76.46639 (decimal degrees)
42°27'04" N, 76°27'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/379417/4700906 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ithaca East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numers
- NY 3047450 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26950 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 14, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Some history.
- September 18, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- July 2, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- November 22, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Added specific design info and builder from www.historicbridges.org listing
- September 19, 2010: New photos from Doug Kerr