PSN - Stony Brook Glen Bridge (Old)
By 1900, this bridge was the 5th highest bridge in North America, at 240 feet above the stream.
- Lost Deck truss bridge over Stony Brook Glen on former Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern Railroad south of Dansville
- Steuben County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1883 by the Delaware Bridge Co., replaced in 1907
- - Delaware Bridge Co.
- - Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern Railroad (PSN)
- Wrought iron Fink deck truss
Total length: 700.0 ft.
- Also called
- Shawmut Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.51399, -77.69215 (decimal degrees)
42°30'50" N, 77°41'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/278838/4710359 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52780 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 20, 2013: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- June 28, 2012: Added by Jacob P. Bernard
- Jacob P. Bernard
- Flickr - Photos by Paige Miller