Sparkill Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Douglas Butler in December 2014
BH Photo #446276
"A complete dismantling and restoration for $900,000 was completed in 2009 and the bridge now serves as solely a pedestrian bridge. The Rockland County Highway Department was responsible for this historic restoration." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkill_Creek_Drawbridge
, retrieved 4/1/16
- Bascule bridge over Sparkill Creek on Bridge Street in Piermont
- Piermont, Rockland County, New York
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built ca. 1880
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 45.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.03765, -73.91616 (decimal degrees)
41°02'16" N, 73°54'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/591101/4543502 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3346050 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26734 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 21, 2019: New Street View added by Geoff Hubbs
- April 8, 2019: New photo from Douglas Butler
- April 1, 2016: Updated by Z Fechten: open to peds. added info from Wikipedia
- Geoff Hubbs
- Douglas Butler