Sparkill Creek Bridge
"A complete dismantling and restoration for $900,000 was completed in 2009 and the bridge now serves as solely a pedestrian bridge. The Rockland County Highway Department was responsible for this historic restoration." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkill_Creek_Drawbridge
, retrieved 4/1/16
- Bascule bridge over Sparkill Creek on Bridge Street in Piermont
- Piermont, Rockland County, New York
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built ca. 1880
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 45.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.03833, -73.91667 (decimal degrees)
41°02'18" N, 73°55'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/591057/4543577 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3346050 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26734 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/1999)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1999)
- April 1, 2016: Updated by Z Fechten: open to peds. added info from Wikipedia