Buskirk Covered Bridge 32-42-02 / 32-58-04 #2
View of bridge looking north along CR 103.
Photo taken by Joe Herrington
BH Photo #133606
According to historian Richard S. Allen this is the fifth covered bridge built at this site and dates to 1880.
- Covered bridge over Hoosic River on CR 103
- Rensselaer County, New York, and Washington County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1850; rebuilt 1880, rehabilitated 2005
- - Alpine Construction (2005 Rehabilitation)
- Covered Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 151.9 ft.
Total length: 159.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.95806, -73.43306 (decimal degrees)
42°57'29" N, 73°25'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/627807/4757348 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Eagle Bridge
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3303480 (New York State bridge identification number)
NRHP 78003457 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 32-42-02 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
WGCB 32-58-04 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 26691 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 38.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 29, 2018: Updated by Richard Doody: Added info on date built
- April 28, 2017: New photos from Dana and Kay Klein
- October 7, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- February 15, 2014: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- May 26, 2010: New photos from Brian McKee
- February 17, 2009: New photos from Joe Herrington
- Joe Herrington
- Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Dana and Kay Klein
- Richard Doody