Hoosic River Bridge
View from CR 111 in Pittstown looking north towards Akin Rd. in Schaghticoke.
Photo taken by Joe Herrington
BH Photo #133605
A very long Pratt truss! Nice restoration, but no signs or plaques explaining it's history.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Hoosic River on CR 111
- Rensselaer County, New York
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1891; rehabilitated 1960; Bypassed and reopened to pedestrians 2017
- 13-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 195.9 ft.
Total length: 197.8 ft.
Deck width: 18.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.91790, -73.51434 (decimal degrees)
42°55'04" N, 73°30'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/621255/4752768 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3303340 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26690 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 26, 2020: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- March 11, 2020: New photos from Patrick Gurwell
- March 10, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- October 20, 2018: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- February 17, 2009: New photo from Joe Herrington