No votes cast

Eagle Bridge


Hoosic River NY Rt 67 Through Truss

Photo taken by Brian McKee in May 2010


BH Photo #166446


Street Views 


Through truss bridge over Hoosic River on NY 67
Rensselaer County, New York, and Washington County, New York
Open to traffic
Built 1933; rehabilitated 1977
Polygonal Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 164.7 ft.
Total length: 171.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.6 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
Approximate latitude, longitude
+42.95111, -73.39056   (decimal degrees)
42°57'04" N, 73°23'26" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/631288/4756642 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Eagle Bridge
Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
Inventory numbers
NY 1029250 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26689 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of July 2015)
Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 69.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • April 28, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
  • January 10, 2014: New photo from CANALLER
  • January 10, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Name Change
  • November 1, 2011: New Street View added by James Baughn
  • May 26, 2010: New photos from Brian McKee

Related Bridges 



Eagle Bridge
Posted August 24, 2014, by Luke

Thanks for the info, Janis!

Eagle Bridge
Posted August 24, 2014, by Janis Ford (jford3 [at] columbus [dot] rr [dot] com)

Card on the scale model reads:

This is a 1/48 scale model of the - double lane burr truss - Eagle Bridge Covered Bridge built by R. W. (Bob) Raymond

Erected 1827 until 1899 It was replaced by the bridge with the metal eagles that serves Rt. 67 today.

Eagle Bridge
Posted August 24, 2014, by Janis Ford (jford3 [at] columbus [dot] rr [dot] com)

Inside the Shushan CB museum, there is a scale model of the CB that was replaced by the Eagle metal bridge. We were told that a hunter had killed a real eagle & mounted him on the portal of the CB. That is where the bridge got its name & why there are eagles on the metal bridge today.

Hoosic River Rt 67 Bridge
Posted January 10, 2014, by Luke Harden (lukemh9 [at] gmail [dot] com)

It is called Eagle Bridge, and the eagle emblem carried over from a predecessor bridge:


Hoosic River Rt 67 Bridge
Posted November 6, 2011, by Clark Vance (cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com)

I wonder if this might not be called the Eagle Bridge. The story behind the adjacent town name is here:


Note also the ornament on the portal.