Cove Road Bridge
Photo taken by Doug Kerr in January 2011
BH Photo #191519
This looks to be a near twin to the Higginsville Road Bridge.
- Through truss bridge over Erie Barge Canal on Cove Road in Sylvan Beach
- Oneida County, New York
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1908; rehabilitated 1955
- - Groton Bridge Co. of Groton, New York
- Pennsylvania through truss
Length of largest span: 183.7 ft.
Total length: 302.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.20222, -75.71194 (decimal degrees)
43°12'08" N, 75°42'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/442161/4783517 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sylvan Beach
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 4426090 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26486 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 22.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 10, 2016: New photo from Dave King
- November 24, 2016: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- January 9, 2014: Updated by CANALLER: Added Info.
- January 2, 2011: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added truss type
- January 2, 2011: New photos from Doug Kerr