FRR - Market Street Overpass (Lockport)
Photo taken by Mike Niethe in August 2018
BH Photo #433905
This is a railroad bridge that carries the modern day Falls Road Railroad over Market Street in the City of Lockport.
This bridge is very close to (almost adjacent to) the Falls Road Rail Road trestle (commonly called the "upside Down Bridge) over the Erie Canal.
In fact there's only a few feet of solid ground between this bride and the "Upside Down Bridge".
- Girder bridge over Market Street on Falls Road Rr
- Lockport, Niagara County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901
- - Falls Road Railroad (FRR)
Length of largest span: 87.9 ft.
Total length: 112.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.17349, -78.68879 (decimal degrees)
43°10'25" N, 78°41'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/687855/4782673 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 7708750 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 77036 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 31, 2018: New photo from Mike Niethe
- May 12, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein