Rating:
No votes cast

Cady Street Pedestrian Bridge

Photo 

Cady Street Bridge

Photo is courtesy of the Niagara County Historian's Office.

Enlarge

BH Photo #434942

Map 

Description 

The Cady Street Bridge was build for the workers of Thompson Mill to cross the Erie Canal. The mill was on the south side of the canal. It's the big building on the right side of the photograph. The photographer was facing east, probably standing on the railroad trestle over the canal to take this photo. The mill eventually burned down, only remnants of it's walls remain. Cady Street no longer exists. It passed through the area now known as Upson Park.

This photo shows other canal bridges in the distance.

Facts 

Overview
Lost pedestrian bridge over Erie Canal on Cady Street.
Location
Lockport, Niagara County, New York
Status
Demolished
Design
Howe through truss
Approximate latitude, longitude
+43.17425, -78.68915   (decimal degrees)
43°10'27" N, 78°41'21" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
17/687823/4782758 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 82921 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Categories 

Footbridge (399)
Howe through truss (420)
Howe truss (515)
Lockport, New York (23)
Lost (22,231)
New York (3,838)
Niagara County, New York (77)
Through truss (14,023)
Truss (31,211)

Update Log 

  • September 22, 2018: New photo from Mike Niethe

Sources 

  • Mike Niethe - michaelniethe [at] gmail [dot] com

Comments 

Cady Street Pedestrian Bridge - Lockport
Posted September 22, 2018, by Clark Vance (cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com)

Cady street is mislabeled as Clinton Street on G-Maps. Clinton Street runs NE-SW but the part extending toward the canal is the remains of Cady.

The 1908 map with bridge and mill is here:

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map/US/17250/Lockport+001/