Cold Springs Road Erie Canal Bridge
Photo courtesy of the Niagara County Historian's Office.
BH Photo #434521
This was a bridge that carried Cold Springs Road over the Erie Canal at Lockport New York.
This bridge was demolished in the late 1990's, and was replaced by a modern bridge at the same location.
The newspaper article I attached was published in the Lockport Union Sun and Journal on May 1, 1996.
The article describes the bridge as being "scheduled to be replaced in spring 1998".
The newspaper article is in the possession of the Niagara County Historian's Office in Lockport.
This bridge is not to be confused with the legendary "Cold Springs Bridge" that carried Cold Springs Road over the New York Central Railroad tracks near Cold Springs Cemetery a few hundred yards to the south.
That bridge was also demolished and replaced by a modern bridge.
- Lost Bridge over Erie Canal
- Lockport, Niagara County, New York
Length of largest span: 148.0 ft.
Total length: 191.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.18615, -78.66644 (decimal degrees)
43°11'10" N, 78°39'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/689632/4784130 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- NY 4454120 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 82846 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 21, 2018: Updated by Luke: Merged 1996 NBI data
- September 15, 2018: Updated by Luke: Removed superflouous "NY" from city name.
- September 15, 2018: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Set pin
- September 15, 2018: Added by Mike Niethe