Summit Street Bridge
This is a newspaper article published in May 1986 in the Lockport Union Sun and Journal.
BH Photo #434519
This bridge was demolished sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's.
The newspaper article attached is from May of 1986. It speaks of the upcoming removal of this bridge.
This bridge was never replaced, although a modern bridge was built a short distance west of this location. The new bridge carries vehicular traffic of NY Route 93 (commonly known as "The Lockport Bypass") over the canal.
Summit Street is now connected to the Lockport Bypass.
- Bridge over Erie Canal
- Lockport, Niagara County, New York
- No longer exists
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.15511, -78.71025 (decimal degrees)
43°09'18" N, 78°42'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/686166/4780584 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82845 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 15, 2018: Updated by Luke: Removed superflouous "NY" from city name; Added GPS coords
- September 15, 2018: Added by Mike Niethe
- Mike Niethe - michaelniethe [at] gmail [dot] com