Main Street Swing Bridge (Olcott Beach)
Photo taken by Mike Niethe
BH Photo #352652
I know little about this bridge with the exception of seeing this photograph in the Niagara County Historian's office in Lockport NY.
The handwritten caption at the bottom is "Iron Swinging Bridge of 1890's - Olcott".
From the photo it would appear that this bridge is in the same location as the other Main Street bridge in Olcott that is listed on this website.
18 Mile Creek is the only waterway in Olcott that would need a bridge.
Photo is courtesy of the Niagara County Historian's Office.
- Lost Pratt pony truss bridge over 18 Mile Creek on Main Street
- Olcott, Niagara County, New York
- No longer exists
- Built 1877, Replaced ca. 1897
- Pratt pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.33740, -78.71683 (decimal degrees)
43°20'15" N, 78°43'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/685078/4800815 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 72030 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 2, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
- April 29, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added build date
- April 29, 2016: Added by Michael Niethe