Main Street Bridge
Photo taken by Mike Niethe
BH Photo #352640
This bridge carried Main Street Olcott Beach over 18 Mile Creek. It was removed many years ago.
The photos I attached are from postcards that I own. These postcards are postmarked 1907.
There are a number of common postcard views of this bridge although I think these are the best.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over 18 Mile Creek on Main Street
- Olcott, Niagara County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1897; Replaced 1971
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.33745, -78.71680 (decimal degrees)
43°20'15" N, 78°43'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/685080/4800820 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72027 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 29, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added ca. build date
- April 29, 2016: Added by Michael Niethe