NYC - Erie Canal Bridge (Lockport)
Photo taken by Mike Niethe
BH Photo #352617
This is the New York Central & Hudson River Railroad trestle over the Erie Canal in the City of Lockport.
The bridge was removed long ago and replaced by the present Falls Road Railroad trestle at the same location, in fact I think the present trestle sits on the same piers as the earlier bridge.
The photographs I attached are stereoview cards that I own.
- Lost Lattice deck truss bridge over Erie Canal on New York Central Railroad
- Lockport, Niagara County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 18XX; Replaced 1902
- - New York Central & Hudson River Railroad (NYC&HR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Lattice deck truss
- Also called
- Falls Road Railroad "Upside Down Bridge".
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.17350, -78.69003 (decimal degrees)
43°10'25" N, 78°41'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/687754/4782671 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72019 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 28, 2016: Added by Mike Niethe