Canalway Trail - Schoharie Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Doug Kerr in December 2004
BH Photo #174110
Route 5S has been permanently rerouted onto the adjacent railroad bridge, which was rehabilitated. This bridge, already weak, was further damaged by Hurricane Irene in 2011. It had been down to a single lane due to truss deterioration. This bridge now carries the Canalway Trail, swapping roles with the stronger RR bridge which was not damaged by Irene and now carries Route 5S.
- Polygonal Warren through truss bridge over Schoharie Creek on Canalway Trail in Tribes Hill
- Montgomery County, New York
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1929 by American Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1991; damaged by storm and converted to pedestrian/bicycle use in 2015
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- 3 span Polygonal Warren through truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 174.9 ft.
Total length: 532.8 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.93694, -74.28056 (decimal degrees)
42°56'13" N, 74°16'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/558700/4754063 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Tribes Hill
- Inventory numbers
- NY 1002940 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26324 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 54.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- March 8, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- July 7, 2016: Updated by Roger Deschner: Now only open to pedestrians and bicycles
- February 7, 2014: Updated by CANALLER: Added Info.
- August 25, 2010: New photo from Doug Kerr
- Doug Kerr
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dana and Kay Klein