Photo provided by James Stewart
BH Photo #512319
One of several Whipple Bowstrings built over the Genesee River by Simon DeGraff. This bridge stood abandoned for many years before being scrapped in 1943 for the war effort.
Cost of bridge was $23,730
Information courtesy of James Stewart.
- Lost Bowstring through truss bridge over Genesee River on Jones Bridge Road
- Livingston County, New York
- Removed but not replaced
- Built in 1866 by Simon de Graff; Condemned 1929; Removed 1943
- - James Conway (Substructure)
- Simon de Graff of Syracuse, New York
- Whipple design Bowstring through truss
Length of largest span: 180.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.76654, -77.83905 (decimal degrees)
42°45'60" N, 77°50'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/267712/4738799 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 95138 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 18, 2021: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- November 18, 2021: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com