Erie Railroad Avon-Attica Genesee River Bridge
The River is running very high with the Western end under water.
Photo taken by Patrick J. McCormick in March 2011
Used on the Erie R.R. (later Erie-Lackawanna R.R. and ConRail R.R.) Avon to Attica Branchline. Abandoned soon after the ConRail takeover of the Erie-Lackawanna in 1976.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Genesee River
- Village of Avon, Livingston County, New York
- Future prospects
- Planned for future use on new branch of the Genesee Valley Greenway Trail from the Main Trail into the Village of Avon.
- Used on the Erie R.R. (later Erie-Lackawanna R.R.) Avon to Attica Branchline.
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.92474, -77.75795 (decimal degrees)
42°55'29" N, 77°45'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/274923/4756148 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 48444 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 20, 2011: New photos from Patrick J. McCormick
- March 19, 2011: Added by Patrick J. McCormick