L&BR - Black River Bridge
The Black River Bridge carried the Lowville & Beaver River Railroad in Lewis County, New York. The Black River Bridge was built with two spans, one of which was designed to swing open. No mechanisms were ever installed for the swing span.
- Warren swing through truss with no verticals bridge over Black River on Abandoned Lowville & Beaver River Railroad
- Lewis County, New York
- Closed abandoned
- Built 1905
- - Lowville & Beaver River Railroad (LBR)
- Warren swing through truss with no verticals
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.82261, -75.46284 (decimal degrees)
43°49'21" N, 75°27'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/462781/4852275 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 50980 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 14, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Update on history; swing span!
- February 10, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- February 7, 2014: Updated by CANALLER: Added Info & Photo.
- January 5, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added info
- January 16, 2012: Added by J.P.