Ilion Moseley Bridge
BH Photo #510906
Bridge crossed the Erie Canal near the southern end of what is now Central Avenue at a location known as "Bridge Square." The canal was filled in at the completion of the NYS Barge Canal.
- Lost Bowstring pony truss bridge over Erie Canal on Railroad Street in Ilion.
- Ilion, Herkimer County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Replaced by a lift bridge in 1897.
- - Moseley Iron Bridge & Roof Co. of Boston, Massachusetts
- Bowstring pony truss
- Also called
- Bridge Square Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.01653, -75.03510 (decimal degrees)
43°00'60" N, 75°02'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/497139/4762651 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94853 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 28, 2021: New photos from Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com