Rt. 169 Bridge over the Erie Canal
This photo was taken from Lock 17.
Photo taken by Mike Niethe in June 2019
BH Photo #451323
This bridge is a few hundred yards east of the historic Lock 17 on the Erie Canal.
This is a unique area in that the Mohawk River runs parallel to the canal, separated by Moss Island, an area popular with hikers and rock climbers.
There is a big hydroelectric plant a few hundred yards west of Lock 17, along with historic mills along the rapuds.
- Bridge on Route 169
- Little Falls, Herkimer County, New York
- Open to traffic
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.03862, -74.84479 (decimal degrees)
43°02'19" N, 74°50'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/512642/4765115 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85804 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 1, 2019: New photo from Mike Niethe
- Mike Niethe - michaelniethe [at] gmail [dot] com