Dog Hollow Bridge
An unusual variant where the entire upper chord/end posts were built up with X lacing instead of the more typical cover plates.
- Lost Lenticular pony truss bridge over Little Salmon River on Dog Hollow Road
- Bombay, Franklin County, New York
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1883 by Corrugated Metal Co.; Closed 1986; Removed after 1992
- - Corrugated Metal Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut [also known as Berlin Iron Bridge Co.]
- W.A Overhiser (Berlin Iron Bridge Co. agent responsible for erection)
- Lenticular pony truss
Span length: 63.0 ft.
Total length: 63.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.94376, -74.54554 (decimal degrees)
44°56'38" N, 74°32'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/535853/4976803 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3337310 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 79775 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 20, 2017: Added by Michael Quiet