Grove Road Bridge
One of the older through Pratt truss bridges in New York State. This bridge was a very important link between the extensive iron, pulp, and paper processing district and the commercial and residential districts of the hamlet of AuSable Forks.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Pratt Through truss bridge over East Branch AuSable River on Grove Road
- Essex County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1879 by King Iron Bridge & Manufacturing Co.; Bypassed 1987; replaced 1993
- - King Iron Bridge & Manufacturing Co. of Cleveland, Ohio [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 115.8 ft.
Total length: 117.8 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.43917, -73.67472 (decimal degrees)
44°26'21" N, 73°40'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/605466/4921506 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Au Sable Forks
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3302090 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 26051 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 93.0 (out of 100)
- April 9, 2017: Updated by Michael Quiet: Noted that the historic bridge was lost in 1993
- August 20, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- Dana and Kay Klein
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER Documentation - HAER Documentation from 1987
- HAER NY-171 - Rolling Hill Mill Road Bridge, Grove Road, spanning east branch of AuSable River, Au Sable Forks, Essex County, NY