This single span, Howe truss bridge is also known as the Jay Covered Bridge. It was built in 1857 by George M. Burt and measures 175 feet. It is listed on the NY State Register of Historic Places and will soon be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The World Guide to Covered Bridges has assigned the following number to this bridge: NY 32-16-01. This bridge was restored and moved back across the East Branch of the AuSable River in 2006. Photos submitted by Bob and Trish Kane, Sherburne, NY.