CSX Bridge over Gowans Road
Photo taken by Mike Niethe in July 2020
BH Photo #477153
This is the bridge that carries the CSX Railroad tracks over Gowans Road in Angola New York.
This bridge is a short distance from the CSX Railroad bridge over Big Sister Creek, site of the legendary “Angola Horror” (a train wreck that killed many people in 1867).
This bridge is also known by locals as “The Pigman Road Bridge”.
Local legends tell of a deformed man that looks like a pig who haunts this spot.
- Bridge over Gowans Road on CSX Railroad
- Angola New York, Erie County, New York
- Also called
- Pigman Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.64251, -79.02211 (decimal degrees)
42°38'33" N, 79°01'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/662148/4723013 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90083 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 26, 2020: New photo from Mike Niethe
- Mike Niethe - michaelniethe [at] gmail [dot] com