Downsville Covered Bridge 32-13-01
Photo taken by Brian McKee in May 2010
BH Photo #170515
Rebuilt extensively in 1998 using glue-laminated components such as the lower chords.
- Covered bridge over East Branch Delaware River on Bridge Street in Downsville
- Colchester, Delaware County, New York
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1857 by Robert Murray; rehabilitated 1998
- Covered Queenpost through truss
Length of largest span: 155.8 ft.
Total length: 174.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 6.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 29, 1999
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.07611, -74.99056 (decimal degrees)
42°04'34" N, 74°59'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/500781/4658226 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3352070 (New York State bridge identification number)
NRHP 99000503 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 32-13-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 25927 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 26, 2020: New photo from Chester Gehman
- April 2, 2018: New photos from Josh Schmid
- January 26, 2018: New photos from Dana and Kay Klein
- July 25, 2010: New photos from Brian McKee