OW - Northfield Tunnel
Built in 1890 to replace a series of switchbacks dating to the railroad's initial construction. Abandoned in 1957 when the NYO&W went bankrupt; remains relatively intact on private land.
- Abandoned tunnel on New York, Ontario, & Western Railway
- Northfield, Delaware County, New York
- Built 1890, abandoned 1957
- - New York, Ontario, & Western Railway (OW)
Total length: 1,639.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.26696, -75.17029 (decimal degrees)
42°16'01" N, 75°10'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/485955/4679430 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62091 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 29, 2014: Added by Ian Martin