Pine Street Bridge
Pine Street Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Quiet in August 2015
BH Photo #334867
This is an one of a trio of lenticular pony truss bridges built in 1881 by the Corrugated Metal Co. to cross the West Branch Tioughnioga River in Homer NY. This follows the pattern for an early lenticular pony configuration, with pinned endposts, parallel verticals, doubled up diagonals in the first panel, and an upper chord secured with battens. This particular one is closed to traffic, with no plans for rehabilitation at this time.
This bridge is highly significant as one of only a handful of remaining bridges fabricated by Corrugated Metal Co. (before they changed their name to Berlin Iron Bridge Co. in 1883). It is further distinguished by its companion spans.
- Pin-connected Lenticular pony truss bridge over West Branch Tioughnioga River on Pine Street in Homer
- Homer, Cortland County, New York
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1881 by Corrugated Metal Co.; rehabilitated 1988; Closed to traffic circa 2000's
- - Corrugated Metal Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut [also known as Berlin Iron Bridge Co.]
- Lenticular pony truss
Span length: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 71.9 ft.
Deck width: 10.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 5, 1977
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.63583, -76.17639 (decimal degrees)
42°38'09" N, 76°10'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/403549/4721046 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 2207690 (New York State bridge identification number)
NRHP 77000938 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 25916 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 13, 2015: New photo from Michael Quiet
- May 1, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com