Erie Canal Lock and Dam E25
Lock E25 is a lock along the Erie Canal in Mays Point, New York. It includes a lock along the canal and a movable dam across the Clyde River about 200 yards south of the lock. The lock and movable dam was constructed in 1918 as part of Erie Canal expansion construction contracts 45 and 46B. The movable dam was built with a 120-feet Pratt truss superstructure that could lift the barrier across the Clyde River six feet vertically.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Clyde River
- Mays Point, Cayuga County, New York
- Built 1918
- Pratt through truss
Total length: 120.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.99702, -76.76205 (decimal degrees)
42°59'49" N, 76°45'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/356369/4761990 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 76657 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 20, 2017: New Street View added by Sherman Cahal