Caneadea Camelback Bridge
Photo taken by Patrick J. McCormick in February 2005
BH Photo #198226
This rare bridge was built to span the Genesee River on East Hill Road in the Town of Caneadea, New York. This Camelback Parker Truss Iron Bridge was erected in 1903 by the Groton Iron Bridge Co. at a cost of $6360.00.
- Camelback Parker Truss Iron Bridge over Genesee River on East Hill Rd.
- Caneadea, Allegany County, New York
- Built 1903
- - Groton Bridge Co. of Groton, New York
- Camelback truss Iron Bridge
Length of largest span: 245.7 ft.
Total length: 253.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998
- Also called
- Caneadea Historic Camelback Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.38508, -78.14937 (decimal degrees)
42°23'06" N, 78°08'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/734662/4696469 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NY 3330750 (New York State bridge identification number)
BH 48717 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 15.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- May 9, 2017: New photos from Sherman Cahal
- September 18, 2016: New photos from Dana and Kay Klein
- January 25, 2014: Updated by CANALLER: Added Info.
- April 30, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Merged NBI data
- April 30, 2011: New photos from Patrick J. McCormick
- April 29, 2011: Added by Patrick J. McCormick