Albany County Rail-Trail - NY 85 Overpass
Originally carried Delaware and Hudson Railroad.
Part of the Slingerlands Historic District
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over NY Route 85 (New Scotland Rd) on Albany County Rail Trail (formerly Delaware and Hudson Railroad)
- Bethlehem, Albany County, New York
- Open to bicyclist and walker trail traffic. Gravel surface.
- Future prospects
- Will be rehabbed or replaced for rail trail use
- Built 1912
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Albany & Susquehanna Railroad (A&S)
- Delaware & Hudson Railway (DH)
- Main span: 85" deep pony plate girders skewed 60 degrees to the roadway
Girder side spans over sidewalks.
Due to the skew, some floorbeams are supported by steel pier bents.
Concrete deck with ballast
Total length: 78.0 ft.
Deck width: 48.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 60 degrees
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 14, 2012
- Also called
- Slingerlands Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.62957, -73.86422 (decimal degrees)
42°37'46" N, 73°51'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/593129/4720305 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 220 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- NYSDOT BIN 7032650
NRHP 00102000784 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
National Historic Register: 00102.000784
BH 72014 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 7, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- May 3, 2017: Updated by Z Fechten: Added Historic Register info
- December 28, 2016: Updated by Z Fechten: Updated allowed traffic
- April 28, 2016: New Street View added by Z Fechten